SUN upgrades

  • To: uiucuxc!ncsa.uiuc.edu!mathgroup
  • Subject: SUN upgrades
  • From: uiucuxc!wri.com!ssa
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 89 14:37:02 CST

Please post information about upgrading
the copies of Mathematica that were sold directly by SUN.  If a user has
a "PILOT" copy or 1.1 copy of SunMathematica, they are eligible for a free
upgrade.

To do the upgrade we need the following information:
1. Original Sun invoice number
2. Original Sun sales order (S.O.) number
3. Machine type they are running the software on
4. Host name
5. CPU ID
6. password

Once we have verified ( against the list from Sun ) they have purchased the
stated number of copies of software, we will ship out a new tape, update
release notes and new installation instructions.

Unlike Sun, we will only send out one binary form of the software.  Sun provided
the customer with 386i, Sun3 and Sun4 version and let them chose. So we
have to know which machine the have been running the software on.

If users have questions about the program, they can contact me at
217-398-0700.  Thanks!!

Stuart Ariewitz