ftp in Europe

  • To: mathgroup at yoda
  • Subject: ftp in Europe
  • From: knutm at ifi.uio.no
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 89 20:59:21 CST

[For those of you in Europe who have asked how some users there can
ftp to the Mathematica archive, here is one answer.   I will
try to provide an alternative for those of you who cannot arrange
something like this. --smc]

As you mentioned in your letter I have ftp'ed successfully to the MathGroup
archive. According to our local net guru this is possible since we are
connected to the NSF-net in the States (at the John von Neumann Computing
Center or something like that). At the moment, the only European countries
with this facility is Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Norway.
These countries share this connection.
Apparently, Holland will soon establish a similar link, and possibly also
France.

Hope this helps.

Knut Morken
knutm at ifi.uio.no