DOS Shell?

  • To: "mathgroup" <mathgroup at yoda.ncsa.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: DOS Shell?
  • From: "WILLIAM M. GOLDING" <golding at ccf2.nrl.navy.mil>
  • Date: 15 Nov 90 02:57:00 EDT

       Hi Mathgroup,

		Does anyone know of a shell for Mathematica that
	runs on a PC?  Something along the lines of the GNU Emacs
	program math.el, found in the archives of this group, and
	which works on a unix machine would be great. I've tried
	to get math.el working with several different versions of
	Emacs under DOS, with no luck. I had no problem getting
	math.el to work on a NeXT machine and I liked it so much
	I thought it would be a great addition to the PC interface.
	But I can't get any version of Emacs on the PC to load the
	math.el file. If anyone has been able to make this work
	would you drop me a line and tell me what you did.

					Thanks
					Mike Golding
					golding at ccf.nrl.navy.mil

		Special Thanks to David Jacobson, author of
		the math.el file, it makes life on a terminal
		with Mathematica actually enjoyable.