Integrating hyperbolic functions

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.ncsa.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Integrating hyperbolic functions
  • From: ken yip <yip-ken at CS.YALE.EDU>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 90 16:07:48 EST

Is there a way to prevent Mathematica to turn a hyperbolic function (e.g.
Cosh) into exponentials?  I want to have:

	Integrate[Cosh[x],x]   ==> Sinh[x]

I tried to define an integration rule using Literal on the lhs, but then
when I input "Integrate[Cosh[x],x]", the Cosh is turned into exponentials
and therefore does not match the rule.  Is there a Quote in mathematica?
(Hold doesn't quite do the job either.)

Any suggestion will be appreciated.