DensityPlot details

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.ncsa.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: DensityPlot details
  • From: jmc at robotics.jpl.nasa.gov (Jonathan M. Cameron)
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 91 19:53:48 PDT

I've been trying to figure out just where the value of each square in
a DensityPlot is computed.  Is it the lower left corner?  (Simple
experiments indicated this.)  Unfortunately, a complicated stability
test I was trying to plot seemed to be off near the boundary.  Neither
center or lower left seem correct for every square intersecting the
boundary.  Fortunately, the discrepancies are localized to the strip
of squares intersecting the boundary; other ones are all correct.

Does anyone know the answer to this?  If not, could you send me the
name & phone number of someone who might (for instance, at Wolfram).

Oh yes, I'm using Mathematica 1.1.

    -Jonathan

CAMERON, JONATHAN M.        JPL Mail Stop 107-102    E-Mail:
Work: 818-354-8229/6508     4800 Oak Grove Dr        JMC at Robotics.JPL.NASA.Gov
Home: 213-255-3577          Pasadena, CA 91109