Non-Negative Least Squares (Gaussian)

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.ncsa.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Non-Negative Least Squares (Gaussian)
  • From: PLOWE at UCRAC1.UCR.EDU (Paul Lowe (787-)3883)
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 1991 13:12:06 PST

Hello,

   I have a researcher here at UC Riverside who has been using
a FORTRAN program based on Gaussian elimination to solve for
Non-Negative Least Squares (NNLS).  She is interested in the
possibility of using Mathematica on a NeXT machine to solve
her equations.  I would like to know if there is a "clean"
way of doing this without the necessity of translating her
current program(s) to run under Mathematica?
   Any help and directions will be greatly appreciated.

Paul Lowe
plowe at ucrac1.ucr.edu