Spirals and shells

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.ncsa.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Spirals and shells
  • From: royster at unccvax.uncc.edu (David Royster)
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 91 20:29:26 EST

Ok, I give up. I have tried several ideas and several locations. I cannot
get the graphs anything like the conchoids in the Mathematica book pages
28 and 29 attributed to S. Dickson.  I know that the surface given in
spherical coordinates as
     \rho = (\phi)^{5/4} \sin(\theta)
will give a type of surface, but nothing like what we have here.  Does
anyone have a clue as to some parameters to try, or where to look. I am
also interested in the plot of the Klein bottle, if anyone can give me
a hint there.

All help will be appreciated.

dcroyster

David C. Royster               royster at unccvax.uncc.edu (128.109.143.1)
Mathematics Department         fma00dcr at unccvm.bitnet
UNC Charlotte, Charlotte NC
Augustus F. Mobius Wedding Band Company---Rings to fit every finger.
 .