Plot[] acting funny (help)

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.ncsa.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Plot[] acting funny (help)
  • From: antonyc at tybalt.caltech.edu (Bill T. Cat)
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 91 11:19:54 GMT

I have a sort of unexpected problem with mathematica.
i tried the following:

Plot[NIntegrate[((Sin[t x])^2),{x,0,Pi}],{t,0,10}]

this should give some sort of plot which is always positive,
since the integrand is the square of a real.  however,
this function has some sort of problem for t<2 on this plot.
plotting from {t,0,1.7} yields a more convincing plot, but
{t,0,1.8} gives the same sort of error as {t,0,10}.

Is something wrong with my understanding of this function?
the command plots the integral against the parameter t, right?
any help would be appreciated.  thanks.

antonyc at coil.cco.caltech.edu