Binary data files

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Binary data files
  • From: twj
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 92 08:51:10 CDT

>I am analyzing binary data files with Mathematica and would like to write
>a new binary data file with the processed data.  Mathematica reads binary
>data just fine using ReadList["filename",Byte], however, I can't find a way
>to write the processed data back to a binary file.  I have torn the book
>apart looking for a way ... any suggestions?

>Kerry Ryan
>kerry at nucleus.immunol.washington.edu

V2.1 Mathematica includes a package Utilities`BinaryFiles` which
will run fine in V2.0 Mathematica.   I am told that this is one
of the few packages in the standard distribution which has not
been put on MathSource but it will in the next day or so.  When
it is you will be able to pick it up from MathSource.

Tom Wickham-Jones
WRI