Limits in integration

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Limits in integration
  • From: Dave Kirkby <davek at mph.sm.ucl.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 92 09:48:59 GMT

Does anyone know how  I can  perform  many integrations over the same
limits, without having to type in the limits again and again. I tried to
substitute the limits for a text string s, but as can be seen below, it
doesn't  work.

In[1]:= Integrate[ x y,{x,0,a},{y,0,b}]

         2  2
        a  b
Out[1]= -----
          4

In[2]:= s = "{x,0,a},{y,0,b}"

Out[2]= {x,0,a},{y,0,b}

In[3]:= Integrate[x y,s]

Integrate::ilim:
   Integration limit {x,0,a},{y,0,b} is not of the form {x,xmin,xmax}.

Out[3]= Integrate[x y, {x,0,a},{y,0,b}]

Any ideas????

Dave Kirkby,
Dept. of Medical Physics, University College London,
email davek at uk.ac.ucl.sm.mph