Mac Mma 2.0 as remote kernel

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Mac Mma 2.0 as remote kernel
  • From: Jeffrey C. Ollie <jollie at umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 92 10:24:44 -0600

Is there any way to set up a Macintosh (a Mac IIfx, Sys 7.0.1*, 4MB Ram,
80MB HD) as a remote kernel with Mathematica 2.0.  Connection to the
remote kernel would be over AppleTalk using ADSP (I have all of the Comm.
Toolbox Tools installed).  I have the basic package from Wolfram, but I
am unable to figure out how to set things up.  Do I need additional software
from Wolfram?

Jeff Ollie
jollie at umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu