Re: What should Mma be?

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: What should Mma be?
  • From: sfeir at mines.u-nancy.fr
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 92 12:58:40 +0100

I agree with Allan Hayes, editing and producing good quality Mma documents
is also a priority!

I am presenly writing a book on Mma in French. I got nb2tex from mathsource
and tried to use it with textures. It is OK but would not filter properly
accents (Donald Knuth did'nt think of this when he decided on 7 bit
characters).

I finally decided to use QuarkExpress instead with an intermediate transfer
of the RTF file through Word

I would frankly prefer to spend more time on exploring Mma.

Mma has freed us from a lot of lower level tasks. It should continue doing
this while the user base keep on exploring the Mathematics

Sfeir
Ecole des Mines
Nancy, FRANCE
sfeir at mines.u-nancy.fr