Re: Font problem and Postscr

  • To: MATHGROUP at yoda.physics.unc.edu (Mathematica Discussion Group)
  • Subject: Re: Font problem and Postscr
  • From: "Tero Siili, Ilmatieteen laitos (Finnish Meteorological Institute)" <Tero.Siili at fmi.fi>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 92 12:50:43 +0200

In message <00213.2805647129.3088 at mac-mpce-services.mpce.mq.edu.au> you write:

>Find the resource of type TEXT with ID = 287, named "PS header"
>Scroll to the end of this resource.
>Append the following PostScript code:
>
>   /Timescheck(!dup /Times eq(!pop /Times-Roman!)if!)def
>   /realfindfont(!systemdict /findfont get exec!)def
>   /findfont(!Timescheck realfindfont!)def
>
>(In PostScript, this creates a local version of the function  findfont
>which will override the system version. It simply checks the name of the
>requested font, substituting  /Times-Roman  when the request was for  /Times
>,  then it calls up the system version of  findfont  to do its thing. The
>change is localized to Mathematica-produced graphics only.)

Ross,

I did, what you suggested, with mixed results, namely: now I am unable
to print the pictures from Mma using "print selection".  Printing is
unsuccessful with both $DefaultFont and with Times.  The error is
Undefined and the OffendingCommand is findfont (BTW, I presume the
definition should have curly braces/brackets - your e-mail had a
strange character combination in the PS code).  I do not know PS well
enough to pinpoint the problem.  I have also retyped the contents of
the PS additions (in case some invisible characters would have been
there), to no avail.

Did (and/or how) you test the PS modification yourself?  If so, did you
get it to work?

Tero