Problems administering mathematica on network of unix machines

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Problems administering mathematica on network of unix machines
  • From: "M. Flickner" <flick at almaden.ibm.com>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 92 17:48:32 -0800

To start with I think mathematica is a great product - it is simply to
use and quite powerful.  However, we are having major problems
administering mathematica on our network of unix machines via the
mathematica floating license server.  Are others having problem with
the floating license server, release dependencies, license server
induced bugs...?  It is a pity that such a great product is defaced
with administration problems...

imaging away / M. Flick Flickner, IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose, CA
VNET/BITNET: FLICK at ALMADEN  Internet: flick at almaden.ibm.com