graphics problem

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: graphics problem
  • From: toml at math.bu.edu (Thomas Lo Faro)
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 92 10:05:39 -0400

One solution to the question of transparent surfaces is to use the
function WireFrame[-Graphics3D-] in the Package Graphics`Shapes`.
My Quick Reference says that "WireFrame replaces all polygons in
-Graphics3D- by outlines."  One should note that WireFrame takes as an
argument a -Graphics3D- object and not a -SurfaceGraphics- object so
these must be converted using the function Graphics3D.  I've used
WireFrame to view overlapping surfaces and was very pleased with it.
I'm not sure how the hyperboloid and arc will look but WireFrame will
let you view the back of the surface.

					Tom LoFaro
					toml at math.bu.edu