Notebooks for applied math

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Notebooks for applied math
  • From: "Gary S. Stoudt" <GSSTOUDT at grove.iup.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1992 08:41 EDT

Some colleagues and I are interested in using the Mma notebook feature to
modify the way we teach a course that is typically called Advanced Calculus
(not analysis), Advanced Engineering Mathematics, or something along those
lines (e.g. Kreysig's "Advanced Engineering Mathematics":Laplace transforms,
Fourier transforms/series, PDE, Vector Calc).

We know of the many calculus and Mma projects and will use some of their
materials.  We will develop our own notebooks for some of these topics, but we
do not want to reinvent the wheel.  Does anyone know of some FTP sites that may
contain these materials?  Some texts?

Thanks in advance for any info you can supply.  Feel free to respond to this
group of via email.  Any notebooks we eventually create will be out on FTP in
the future if anyone has a similar request.

Gary Stoudt
Dept. of Mathematics
Indiana Univ. of PA
GSSTOUDT at GROVE.IUP.EDU