the size of frames

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: the size of frames
  • From: matteo at cns.nyu.edu (Matteo Carandini)
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 93 10:12:59 EDT

Hi mathgroup,
I have a simple but very urgent problem:

I am making GraphicArrays of Framed plots, with FrameTicks and FrameLabels,
and I NEED the frames to have all exactly the same size.

Now, Mma has a very sensible behavior that I would like to inhibit:
it scales each frame depending on the amount of stuff that is has to write
next to the axes, in such a way to preserve the AspectRatio.

For example a frame with y-values like 10000 will be smaller than one
with y-values like 10, because "10000" takes up more space than "10".
Similarly, the frame will get smaller if one adds a label.

Again, this is very sensible, but I really need to be able to tell Mma
to just make all the frames of the same size, which I will choose small enough
to leave room for labels.

Help!!!

Thanks,

Matteo Carandini