Input[] in NeXT notbooks

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Input[] in NeXT notbooks
  • From: hkunzle at galilei.math.ualberta.ca (Hans-Peter Kunzle)
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 93 14:54:57 -0700

Is there something wrong with the Input[] function used in notebooks
on a NeXT under NeXTSTEP 3.0?

When I use Input["prompt"] the first time the prompt is properly
displayed and the input accepted (although hitting Return or Enter
instead of clicking OK with the mouse does not work). Any subsequent
Input[] statement with a prompt will be executed but the prompt
always stays the same as in the first Input[] statement (until I
disconnect the kernel).

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? What can be done to
circumvent the problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Hans Kunzle

---
% H.P. Kunzle               | Office:(403)492-3798

% Department of Mathematics | Home:  (403)437-4141
% University of Alberta     | Fax:   (403)492-6826

% Edmonton                  | E-mail: hkunzle at vega.math.ualberta.ca
% Canada T6G 2G1            | hkunzle at galilei.math.ualberta.ca (NeXT)