RotateLabel

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: RotateLabel
  • From: peccoud at titus.u-strasbg.fr
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 93 15:18:49 +0100

Dear Friends,

I try desparately to make some figures for a publication. I would like to
have my FrameLabel on the y axis written as is the "Some Text" on page 470
of the Mathematica book. This should not be very difficult to achieve since
this is the default value of the RotateLabel option. However on version 2.0
for Macintosh this give the following label :

which is not particularly easy to read.

Moreover,the RotateLabel option does not seem to have any effect on the
version 2.1 on HP 9000 workstation since whatever is its value, the text
remains horizontal.

What can I do ? Shall I have to transfer an eps file to Adobe Illustrator
and add the labels to my plot ?

Any other suggestion is wellcome.

Thanks you.

Jean Peccoud
IBMC UPR Biologie Structurale
15, rue Rene Descartes
67084 Strasbourg cedex
France

tel : (33) 88 41 70 94 ou (33) 88 37 12 55 ext. 474
fax : (33) 88 61 06 80

E-mail : peccoud at titus.u-strasbg.fr