Re: Hiding Plots

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Hiding Plots
  • From: kewms at athena.kew.com
  • Date: Sun, 02 May 1993 21:18:55 EDT

On Wed, 28 Apr 93 12:51:00 -0500, "t balasubramanian" <balu at jensen.cc.brandeis.EDU> wrote:
> 	I would like to plot various functions  f1[x],f2[x].......
> All these functions have different x ranges and would like to display
> all at once. Well here is a standard solution.
>
> p1	= Plot[f1[x],{x,a,b}]
> p2	= Plot[f2[x],{x,c,d}]
>
> then say
>
> Show[p1,p2,....].
>
> Well it does work - What I donot want is the individual plots
> (p1,p2..) to be displayed. I have'nt been able to figure out how to

Set the Plot option DisplayFunction->Identity to suppress the plots
(while still generating the data), then set
DisplayFunction->$DisplayFunction for the Show command.  More details
and examples can be found in _Mathematica in Action_, by Stan Wagon.

Katherine
--
Katherine (Williams) Derbyshire
kewms at kew.com

 As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.