Re: Bugs ... bzzzz

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg274] Re: [mg235] Bugs ... bzzzz
  • From: steveh at dingo.vut.edu.au (Steve Hunt)
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 94 15:41:33 EST

> >The topic should take the form: Bug - 'specific bug'.
> >
> >For Interactive Support go http://www.vut.edu.au/MW/
>
> (1) Try to use (a subset of) WRIUs schema for their in-house bug
> database, if possible.  Presumably WRI knows how to efficiently
> classify its bugs.  This may also make it slightly easier to resolve
> the public bug-list with the Known Bug List in the future, should that
> become possible.  A schema would help me wade through your bug list.
> This public bug list should have at least some standard fields in
> addition to the email header, such as
>
> version:
> keywords: algebra/language | graphics | numerics | user interface | other
> description with code which elicits bug:
> workaround:

Interactive Support is supported by a SunOS 4.1 kernel, so bugs that are
specific to other platforms will not be emulated, but can still be commented
on as text.

Some 'bugs' will likely provoke some comment by other users, which might
include corrections or workarounds.  These comments are integrated into the
html document created when the 'bug' was first submitted.

I will maintain a master html with links to specific discussions.

Let's see how this schema develops ... suggestions always welcome.

Steve