Sounds on the Mac

  • To: "Mathamatica mathgroup" <mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Sounds on the Mac
  • From: "Michael S. Dawson" <dawsonM at decster.uta.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 94 15:16:44 CST

I'm trying to view some standard .snd files using Mathematica (for the Mac).
The files can be converted into one of many formats including Quicktime,
AIFF, SoundEdit etc.

I've tried using the OpenSpecial command within Mathematica but without
success.

I've also tried to record a sound from within Mathematica and then try to
export the file as a simple list {a1, a2, a3....}.  Also without success.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to manipulate Macintosh formattted sound
files using Mathematica.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

M. Dawson

*   Michael Dawson                         |     dawsonm at decster.uta.edu  *
*   The University of Texas at Arlington   |                              *
*   Department of Electrical Engineering   |     fax   (817) 273-3443     *
*   416 Yates Street                       |     voice (817) 273-3452     *
*   Arlington, Texas 76019                 |                              *
*                 The Wave Scattering Research Center                     *
*  Specailaizing in remote sensing retrieval and classification, neural   *
*  networks and statistical based retrieval methods, and electromagnetic  *
*  modelling of natural and man made emission and scattering.             *