Problem adding Text to plots

  • To: MathGroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Problem adding Text to plots
  • From: John.R.Manuel at dartmouth.edu (John R. Manuel)
  • Date: 31 Mar 94 12:31:45 EST

I'm having problems adding text to plots. When I try to add text that extends
beyond the frame of a framed plot, the text does show on the screen, but
doesn't all print. I've found a minimal case for which the problem occurs:

Show[Graphics[Text["abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwyz", {5, 5}, {1, 0}]],
     PlotRange -> {{0, 10}, {0, 10}},
     Frame -> True];

For this case, the portion of the text that extends beyond the frame is
clipped. I would like to see both the frame and the unclipped text when the
graphic prints. Is there some way of doing this? I've already experimented
with the Prolog and Epilog options without success.

I'm running Mathematica 2.1 (enhanced) on a Macintosh (PowerBook 180 with
System 7.1).

----
John R. Manuel        fax: (603) 646-3856        office: (603) 646-2723
Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, 03755 USA