re: quadratic/linear programming

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu, gal at melba.bby.com.au
  • Subject: re: quadratic/linear programming
  • From: Paul=Rubin%Management%Business at banyan.cl.msu.edu
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 94 17:14:15 EDT
  • Cc:

Geoff Latham <gal at melba.bby.com.au> wrote:
>Would anyone know what is available in the form of quadratic and linear
>programming routines implemented in Mma?

Mma has linear programming built in.  ConstrainedMax and ConstrainedMin solve
LPs posed in algebraic form; LinearProgramming takes them posed in matrix
form.  I haven't used them in kernel 2.2; in earlier versions, I recall
having some difficulties (visits to a black hole doing moderate size
problems).

* Paul A. Rubin                                  Phone: (517) 336-3509   *
* Department of Management                       Fax:   (517) 336-1111   *
* Eli Broad Graduate School of Management        Net:   RUBIN at MSU.EDU    *
* Michigan State University                                              *
* East Lansing, MI  48824-1122  (USA)                                    *