ListContourPlot for irregular sampling

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.Cybernetics.NET (mathgroup)
  • Subject: [mg218] ListContourPlot for irregular sampling
  • From: onm010 at aixrs1.hrz.uni-essen.de (Dr. Stefan P. Mueller)
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 11:36:41 +0100

I need to generate contour plots of data which are not sampled on an evenly
spaced Cartesian grid. ListContourPlot ony accepts data in the form of an
nxm matrix of heights z which are evenly sampled, i.e.

        data = {z11,z12,z13, ...,z1n},
               {z21,z22,z23, ...,z2n},
               {zm1,zm2,zm3, ...,zmn}};

whereas my data have the following structure

        data = {{x1,y1,z1},{x2,y2,z2}, ..., {xm,ym,zm}};

i.e. each height is also assciated with its own x and y coordinate.
Does anybody know about a package to plot data with this structure?

Thank you in advance!

Stefan
Dr. Stefan P. Mueller, Nuklearmedizin, Universitaetsklinikum, D-45122 Essen,
FR Germany, e-mail: onm010 at aixrs1.hrz.uni-essen.de, FAX: <49> (201) 723-5964