Re: Running Mathematica in Windows 95

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg788] Re: Running Mathematica in Windows 95
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 00:32:52 -0400

In article <3mkut7$rrh at news0.cybernetics.net>, psavage at vt.edu (Patrick
Savage) wrote:

> I am having problems running Mathematica under Windows 95 (final beta ver.
> 4.00.345).  I realize this OS is unsupported but if anyone can help...
>
> When I try to load the kernel from the Enhanced front end, the kernel
> loads but it never executes any commands.  The front end does say
> "Connection established to kernel" (or something like that).
>
> Also if I load the kernel without the front end, it works fine so it seems
> it's having problems linking the front end to the kernel.
>
> Ideas?
>

> Pat

The current version of Mathematica for Microsoft Windows (2.2.3)
should work under Windows 95 provided that you have TCP/IP
installed. You do not need a network card, but the software must be
installed. See the Release Notes for further information.

TCP/IP is required for the MathLink connection between the Front
End and the Kernel. You will need to follow the instructions in
the User's Guide for your version of Mathematica for adding the
TCP protocol in the Kernel Options dialog.

I hope this helps.

--Ian

Ian Collier
Technical Sales Support