Re: Producing eps files

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1935] Re: Producing eps files
  • From: Albright <albright at physics.ucla.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 22:32:24 -0400

"LAUER Marie-Reine 154851" <LAUER at DTP.cea.fr> wrote:

>I would like to save graphics drawn in a Notebook as encapsulated
>postscript files. I used to do that on a Macintosh with:
> -copy the graphics
> -convert clipboard in the Edit menu
> -save in file
>I was very disapointed to see that "convert clipboard" is missing in the
>Windows version of Mma? Can anybody suggest me a way to perform this
>operation?
>Thanks.
>
>Marie-Reine LAUER

Hi.

Perhaps you might find this hack useful:

Unprotect[PSPrint]
Clear[PSPrint]
PSPrint[System`Private`x_,myfile_] :=
  (Display["!psfix >"<>myfile<>".ps", System`Private`x]; System`Private`x)
PSPrint::usage="PSPrint[ -Graphics Object-, filename] sends -Graphics Object-
the postscript file: filename.ps"

For example,

In[1] = Plot[ Sin[x], {x,0,Pi}]

Out[1]:= -Graphics-

In[2] = PSPrint[ Out[1], "sine"]

(generates an encapsulated postscript file, "sine.ps")

Cheers!

-Brian Albright
http://bohm.physics.ucla.edu/~albright