Re: notebook to plain conversion

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1842] Re: notebook to plain conversion
  • From: tlm at ameslab.gov (Tom Marchioro)
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 20:25:30 -0400

Zvi Wiener writes
> Dear Mathematica users:
>
>   I usually use plain Mathematica in one window (UNIX, sun station,
> X windows) and emacs in another.  Many programs are available from
> MathSource in .ma (notebook) format.  Do you know a simple way to
> get a plain Mathematica ( .m) program from a (.ma) file?
>
> Thank you in advance, Zvi Wiener zwiener at lehman.com

Open the notebook in Mathematica, and under the "Notebook" menu item there
should be a command "Save As Special" (that is what it is on my NeXT, and
I assume there is something similar on all other platforms).  When you
click on that you get a dialogue box with several options. One of the
options is to save as a .m file.  Click that and proceed.

It is not a perfect solution, since text and such will still be in the .m
file, and not as a comment, so you have to do some editing, but it will do
90% of what you wnat.

Hope this helps --- Tom

--
Dr. Thomas L. Marchioro II      Two-wheeled theoretical physicist
Applied Mathematical Sciences   515-294-9779
Ames, Iowa 50011                tlm at ameslab.gov

Executive Director: