Comparison of Mma animations on various machines

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1856] Comparison of Mma animations on various machines
  • From: m1mef00 at frb.gov
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 22:37:13 -0400

I have read with great interest the Comparison of MMA on Various Machines.
The PowerMacs seem amazinging fast and yet are reasonably affordable.

I am interested in finding out whether they (or any other affordable
machine) can show LARGE animations. By "large" I mean 1000+ frames displayed
at a reasonable size on the screen at 10 to 30 frames per second. (10,000
frames would be nice too: I have 34 years of daily financial data that I
want to see evolve.) Will a PowerMac do this? NextStep/Pentium? WindowsNT
or Windows95? Anything?

--Mark.

Mark Fisher
Mail Stop 91