Re: Partial Differential Equations in Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg2725] Re: Partial Differential Equations in Mathematica
- From: saarinen (Sirpa Saarinen)
- Date: Sat, 9 Dec 1995 01:56:40 -0500
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
kreeves at physics.utexas.edu (Kendall Reeves) writes: >Hello. I just purchased the student version of mathematica, and it >appears that it doesn't handle solutions for partial differential >equations. Is this correct? If not, is there a standard approach to >obtaining a solution? If you could respond by email to >kreeves at physics.utexas.edu, I would appreciate it very much. >Thanks in advance, >Kendall Reeves No version of Mathematica that is out at the moment can handle partial differential equations. There are some packages out for pde's but without seeing your particular set of equations, I cannot say much about whether they would be useful for you. Sirpa Saarinen saarinen at wri.com