Generating Noise in Mathematica
- Subject: [mg2780] Generating Noise in Mathematica
- From: wflip at scratchy.mosquito.com (Wilson Flip Figueroa)
- Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 02:05:29 -0500
- Approved: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Distribution: local
- Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
- Organization: Mosquito Net, Inc.
Has anyone ever generated white, pink, and black noise using Mathematica? White noise can be generated from a Guassian Distribution, but do other ways exist. Also, does anyone know how to generate pink or black noise. Random number generators are also of particular interest (I am quite familiar with the power of Random, but want to write my own RNG). Also, has anyone done any examples of stochastic processes using Mathematica. I am especially interested in applied examples in math and electrical engineering (other scieces also okay). If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Wilson "Flip"