SYMBOLIC CONVERSION BETWEEN COORDINATE SYSTEMS:

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg451] SYMBOLIC CONVERSION BETWEEN COORDINATE SYSTEMS:
  • From: Luis Aguilar <aguilar at bufadora.astrosen.unam.mx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 95 11:46:41 PST

SYMBOLIC CONVERSION BETWEEN COORDINATE SYSTEMS:

I have a spatial scalar function expressed in
spherical coordinates. How can I get iso-surfaces
( or iso-contours for 2D cuts), if the usual
contouring routines assume that your function
is expressed in cartesian coordinates?

I also need to plot the vectorfield produced by
the gradient of this function. Although the
`VectorAnalysis` package allows me to obtain the
gradient, I'm stuck with the conversion of coordinates
problem when attempting to use the PlotVectorField
command.