Mathematica Conference

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg468] Mathematica Conference
  • From: James Mccrickard <mccricka at cs.uwp.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 09:52:28 -0600 (CST)

At the University of Wisconsin at Parkside we have just begun to integrate
the use of Mathematica into our undergraduate physics and mathematics
curricula.  We know that other institutions have already done this and
thought that the best way for us to learn what other people are doing
would be to host a conference, to be titled "Integrating Mathematica into
the Undergraduate Curriculum".  We intend to have two invited talks,
one by a physicist and the other by a mathematician, as well as
contributed talks by conference participants.  We are currently in the
planning stages.  Can anyone in the Mathgroup suggest the name
of a physicist (we have already settled on a mathematician) who would be
well-suited to give one of the invited talks?  If you know of someone please
send his/her name, institution and phone number to Jim McCrickard at
mccricka at cs.uwp.edu.  Once we have made the final arrangements for the
conference, we will formally announce it to the Mathgroup.

     Thanks,

          Jim McCrickard