Special characters in Mathematica.

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1711] Special characters in Mathematica.
  • From: Mats Bergh <bergh at ic.chalmers.se>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 05:24:35 -0400

Dear Sirs.

I am a novis at Mathematica and I have run in to some
problem. I would like to read a file into Mathematica which
look like:{{"A/B/C/D"},...} were A etc are names of
directories.

Now, Mathematica always interpret the "/" as division and
tries to evaluate this as an expression and do not read the
string. My question is therefore, is there a (simple)
way around this problem?

Greatful if you can help me out with this one.

Regards,
										Mats