How to draw OUTLINES on 3D shapes?
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg1605] How to draw OUTLINES on 3D shapes?
- From: Zorro <berriz at husc.harvard.edu>
- Date: Tue, 4 Jul 1995 02:28:32 -0400
- Organization: Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Hi. I would like to draw 3D shapes (specifically, spheres and cylinders) as "filled in outlines". For example, a sphere would look like a thin black circle (the outline) around a gray disk (the filled-in interior). Similarly, the outline for a cylinder would be (generally) two parallel lines connected by two half-ellipses, one at each end of the cylinder. Is there a way simple way to do this in Mathematica? Thanks for your help. Z.