Re: Labels on contourlines in ContourPlot[]

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1614] Re: Labels on contourlines in ContourPlot[]
  • From: pehowland at taz.dra.hmg.gb (Paul E. Howland)
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 22:22:57 -0400

In article <3s85ro$och at news0.cybernetics.net>, immtwg at hald.gbar.dtu.dk (Torben Winther Graversen) writes:

>When making contourplots with ContourPlot[] I miss being able to have labels
>on the plot next to all or some of the contourlines showing the value of this
>contour.

See the excellent "Mathematica Graphics" by Wickham-Jones.  A package called
ExtendGraphics`LabelContour` is included, which will do what you want.

Paul E Howland

Long Range Ground Radar Systems Section               tel. +44 (0)1684 895767
CSS2 Division, Room BY209                             fax. +44 (0)1684 896315
Defence Research Agency                           email: PEHOWLAND at DRA.HMG.GB
Malvern, Worcs, WR14 3PS, UK.