MathLink documentation

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1618] MathLink documentation
  • From: gfairley at wilder.com (Gerard Fairley)
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 23:02:59 -0400

In comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica elsner at avalon.msfc.nasa.gov (Ron Elsner)
said:

>I need to put some code into C or Fortran, and call it from Mathematica
using
>MathLink.  I would appreciate learning where to look for documentation on
using
>MathLink, whether it can accept Fortran, and while I'm at this what is a
good
>beginner's book on C that is advanced enough to help me use MathLink.

Contact WRI and they can send you documentation and (if needed) disks
pertaining to Mathlink (e.g. Mathlink Reference Guide).  Two good MMA books
that cover Mathlink are Applied MMA by Shaw & Tigg and MMA for Scientists &
Engineers by Bahder.  Any introductory book on C should do fine.

Gerard Fairley

Gerard Fairley: email: gfairley at id.wilder.com
ICS: Interactive Computer Support
Computer, Physics, & Engineering Services