Q: MathLink

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1110] Q: MathLink
  • From: dchua at abel.math.harvard.edu (David Chua)
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 00:21:42 -0400

Can MathLink be used by shell scripts?  (With relative ease?)  I get
the feeling that I may have to compile some intermediary C functions
to shuttle information between mathematica and my shell scripts.  (I've
found the two papers on MathLink at www.wri.com, but I'd like to avoid
reading 100 pages!)

The shell scripts are for fiddling with PS files written by mathematica.
Sometimes the scripts need a little extra information, like what to
label the axes.  If I have to, I can chop up the scripts and use
RunThrough[], but this strikes me as pretty kludgey.

--Dave