Re: How fast are Mathematica Versions ?

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1150] Re: How fast are Mathematica Versions ?
  • From: groskyd at gv.ssi1.com (Dave Rosky)
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 05:49:26 -0400

In <3opkp2$7h4 at news0.cybernetics.net>, Roland.Radtke at arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Roland Radtke) writes:
>Hello!
>
>I'd like to know how fast different versions of Mathematica
>run with respect to each other. I'm interested especially
>in data describing how fast these versions are using different
>operating systems (preferably referring to PCs).
>
>Thank you,
>
>Roland.

There was a recent article in Byte Magazine (May 1995) regarding
Mathematica.  There weren't many technical details, but the authors
indicated that the recently released OS/2 version of Mathematica ran
about 30% faster than the Windows (win32s) version on the same hardware.
They also indicated that it was able to handle some difficult cases that
would cause the Windows version to crash.  There was no comparison made
with the NT version.

Regards,

David
(groskyd at gv.ssi1.com)