[Q] Differential operators <--> polynomials

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1243] [Q] Differential operators <--> polynomials
  • From: ozan at matematik.su.se.\V.\V (Ozan \Vktem)
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 06:00:07 -0400

Hi,

  I would like to be able to "convert" a polynomial to its associated
differential operator. I am pretty sure that this is done, but I could not
find it anywhere. A package that works like the example below would be
very nice to have.

Example: The package provides the command "DPoly" and

  DPoly[12 x^2+3 x-2,f[b,s],b]

  should be equivalent to

  12 D[f[b,s],{b,2}]+3 D[f[b,2],b]-2 f[b,s]

Answer by e-mail please.

Thank's in advance,

Ozan Vktem

e-mail: ozan at matematik.su.se