Re: Reading Bytes: unexpected EOF ???

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1269] Re: Reading Bytes: unexpected EOF ???
  • From: blast at bendix.swb.de (Bernd Last)
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 02:35:39 -0400

At 25.05.95
you wrote in /comp/soft-sys/math/mathematica
concerning Reading Bytes: unexpected EOF ???:

Hello Bart,

> I know it has been asked before, but I forgot the solution:
> When I read Bytes with Mathematica, it stops when it reads byte
> '024', which is an EndOfFile character. How can I read my full
> 6000 byte file. Is this trivial bug really existing or is there
> a smarter way? I run MMA 2.2 on my IBM-PC.

If you have MATHLINK there exists a solution in MATHSOURCE.
If not I programmed a encoding Programm in C to avoid the EOF and
the CR/LF problem. And in MMA I programmed the corresponding decoding
routine.

If anybody is interested about that I could post the code.

Bernd