Re: Points Otdisappeared in ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1271] Re: [mg1253] Points Otdisappeared in ListPlot
  • From: Allan Hayes <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 02:55:39 -0400

Kyle Oliver <koliver at bu.edu>
in [mg1253] Points Otdisappeared in ListPlot

Writes

> I just installed MMa on 12 Pentium 75 in one of my labs, and when I
> run ListPlot, the points do not show up?  We have a site license
> for all of our machines, so it should not be a license problem.  I
> can solve the problem by using PlotStyle->PointSize[0.01], but I
> would have to type this in every time.
> Does anyone know of a global solution, or how I can change the
> default

Kyle,
Sounds like a bug.

You can use

SetOptions[ListPlot, PlotStyle -> {PointSize[0.01]}];

But each time you use PlotStyle inside ListPlot you will need to
include PointSize[0.01] in the styles.

This problem can be avoided by using

SetOptions[ListPlot,Prolog -> PointSize[0.01]]

(provided you don't use Prolog inside ListPlot)

Allan Hayes
hay at haystack.demon.co.uk