What's in the " .mb" files????

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2568] What's in the " .mb" files????
  • From: purswell at netplus.net (J.P. and/or Valerie Purswell)
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 09:24:49 -0500

I recently made the connection between deleting apparently unnecessary ".mb"
files and my notebooks turning up with all inactive cells.   When I opened up
these .mb files in mma, there appeared to be only a line or two of code in an
inactive cell. Neverthe less, the .mb files take up a good deal of disk space.

Must be a lot of information that's not directly viewable in these files.  Can
someone give me an idea as to what exactly is stored in these files and why
mma puts information  it needs to evalaute a notebook in a different file?

Now that I've figured it out, I'll stop deleting these files, but I would
still like to understand what's going on with these files.

BTW, this is the  Windows  version, and it may be a Windows-specific problem.

If it is, my apologies in advance to Richard for bringing it up.