Re: mathematica use
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg2580] Re: mathematica use
- From: mdb055s at cnas.smsu.edu
- Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 21:30:49 -0500
- Organization: Southwest Missouri State University
In article <DIBv0D.BnI at wri.com>, harkerj at coral.indstate.edu says... > > >What are your feelings about using mathematica and other computer aids in >mathematics classrooms? > > > Before programs like mathematica can be effectively used in a classroom situation, the students must be at a level of comfort with using such systems comperable to the current level of comfort with using calculators. Otherwise students get frustrated and lose interest. Does this mean wait untill after the students have had computer classes to begin using mathematica in mathematics classrooms? Or teach computer concepts (as related to mathematica) in mathematics classes?