3D Cluster Detection
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg2413] 3D Cluster Detection
- From: Fergal Shevlin <fshevlin at maths.tcd.ie>
- Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 16:04:45 -0500
- Organization: Dept. of Maths, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland.
Hello, I have a list of Real 3D points, each coordinate having a value between 0 and 2 Pi. Within this list there are several "clusters" of points, i.e. the coordinates agree to several decimal places. Each cluster is quite distinct from the other, for example when I view the points with ScatterPlot3D[pointlist] I see 4 points, despite the fact that there are hundreds in the list. Can anybody suggest a means of automatically detecting the means or modes of these clusters? Thanks in advance, Fergal. -- ==================================================================== Fergal Shevlin Phone: +353-1-6081209 Fax: 6772204 Dept. of Computer Science http://www.cs.tcd.ie/ Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland. Fergal.Shevlin at cs.tcd.ie