Bug in symbolic inversion of matrices

  • Subject: [mg2599] Bug in symbolic inversion of matrices
  • From: chapman at bonnie.drea.dnd.ca (David M.F. Chapman)
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 21:34:10 -0500
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup

I have not been following this newsgroup, so I apologize if the following is
old hat:

We have found a probable bug involving the symbolic inversion of matrices.
Up to size 6x6 works fine, but starting with 7x7, all the memory is gobbled
up and the abort calculation command does not work.  Funny thing, it only
acts up when the result is printed, so it may have more to do with that
aspect than the inversion itself.  I will send the annotated notebook
documenting this bug to anyone interested. (I have already sent a copy to
Wolfram Research.)
Dave Chapman                         DREA            phone: (902) 426-3100 x228
dave.chapman at drea.dnd.ca                               FAX: (902) 426-9654