Speed of Mathematica under Windows 95
- Subject: [mg2434] Speed of Mathematica under Windows 95
- From: TTCJ34A at prodigy.com (DR JOHN C ERB)
- Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 04:42:35 GMT
- Approved: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Distribution: local
- Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- Sender: daemon at wri.com ( )
When I loaded Mathematica 2.2.3 on my new system (a 120 MHz Pentium), along with the protocol file MLLCL16.MLL, I found that my programs ran twice as SLOW, rather than twice as fast, as on a 60 MHz Pentium running under Windows 3.11. Why is this, and what can I do to "correct" it? Thank you. John C. Erb.