Emacs front end for Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2283] Emacs front end for Mathematica
  • From: jeff at econ.Berkeley.EDU (Jeffrey C. Ely)
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 12:39:18 -0400

Soon I will have Mathematica running on a NeXT cube on my
LAN.  I would like to talk to the kernel remotely from
my Linux box.  I have discovered a mathematica front end
for emacs written by David Jacobson.

My question:  Is anybody using this package?  How does
it work? (opens a shell to a math process?)  Can it
read notebooks?  Any info appreciated.

Jeff