Special Nonlinear Fitting?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2368] Special Nonlinear Fitting?
  • From: f91el at efd.lth.se (Erik Lindahl)
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 1995 22:48:14 -0500

Hi,

I need to do a nonlinear fitting of data to a function, where I can't get
an explicit expression for the functions value.

Let me give you an example:

Assume I have the data point as pairs {x,y}

I want to "solve" the following relationship for the parameters a and b:

Y^2/X*f[Y^2/(X*a)]=b*given function of X.

with f[z]=z/Sqrt[1+z^2]...

Is there any procedure capable of this?

I must be able to enter an equation as the model, and state that "Y" is the
data value at each point.

Ideas, anybody?

Regards,

Erik

Erik R. Lindahl                   f91el at efd.lth.se
Lund Institute of Technology, Lund, SWEDEN