Advice on "MMA for Scientists and Engineers" Book

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg2006] Advice on "MMA for Scientists and Engineers" Book
  • From: USA at killerbee.jsc.nasa.gov (Andy Sylvester)
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 23:27:15 -0400

I have recently purchased a copy of Mathematica and a simple book to learn
the system. Now I am looking for a book more oriented to the use of
Mathematica for engineering analysis. I looked at the Wolfram Research WWW
page and read the description for "Mathematica for Scientists and
Engineers" by Thomas Bahder, and I would like to get some opinions from
others who have it as to whether it is worth $46.21 (Addison-Wesley's list
price). If a thread on this book has already happened, I apologize for
bringing it up again. Postings here or private Email would be fine.
Thanks.

Andy Sylvester    Aerospace Engineer   asylvest at gp401.jsc.nasa.gov

Andy Sylvester        Email:sylvester_andrew at asda1.jsc.nasa.gov
NASA/Johnson Space Center, Mail Stop ET5, Houston TX 77058 USA
Phone: (713) 483-1545